layout

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

'Bama Bound and 10 Months

'Bama Bound...

We leave tomorrow night for Alabama to visit Lee's parents and Alan, Rachael and Jonah visiting from Hollywood! It will be the first time we get to see Jonah and I am so excited for Titus to meet his cousin! Expect lots of pics :) My sister-in-law has been a wonderful friend to me during the sometimes lonely days that frequent a stay-at-home-mom with a baby. We text often throughout the day and I have been encouraged by her. It will be good to spend face-t0-face time with her for a change. The trip will be a much needed rest as the week leading up to traveling is always more stressful than normal. I always have high expectations and goals of leaving a perfectly clean home and executing every errand and checking off every item on my to-do list so that I can travel and enjoy family in peace. I have yet to successfully pull this off, but here I am trying again. Maybe this time....

We will be driving down through the night to maximize our time with family, minimize time away from work and so that the little stinker sleeps through the night since the poor little guy doesn't much like being trapped in his car seat for 10 hours! I don't blame him. Pray for alertness and safe travels. It has worked well for us in the past, but we always want to be cautious and seek the Lord's protection especially while driving at night. Besides, we aren't really sure which is more dangerous, driving through the night or driving while listening to a screaming baby! At least this way one of us gets to sleep through the trip.

10 Months Old...

Titus turned ten months old today! So many comment that it must feel like time has flown by. Honestly, it feels like a very perfect amount of time has gone by. While it still feels strange at times to be parents at what feels like such a young age, I think we have truly enjoyed the surprise blessing the Lord has given us and to such a degree that we feel like we haven't been too busy or too caught up in life to have missed out on enjoying his first year. I am thankful for that.

Ten months has brought what I feel to be just the beginning of parenting challenges. To this point Titus has been a very easy baby. I don't have much to complain about even now, but I feel the tide is starting to change. He now understands the meaning of "no" and doesn't like it one little bit! He gets very angry when he's told no and I often have to turn my head to keep from showing my amusement at his humorous flailings and facial contortions in his fits of frustration. Why is it that sin looks so cute in a little person? I see my biggest challenges are going to be in consistency and patience. Disciplining and correcting Titus is such an awesome lesson, however small in comparison, in learning how great the Lord's patience is towards us. Not only that but His loving and gentle patience and in His willingness to remain faithful to Himself in His consistency in correcting our sin and drawing us to Himself. We think the child is the one learning all the lessons and new things. I feel like parents have an equally great syllabus.


No comments:

Post a Comment